Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week Four- Blogging idea!

I've been trying to think about how to get started using my blog in my classroom and it has finally hit me. Every year I read Flat Stanely with my second graders. For those of you who aren't familiar, Flat Stanley is a story about a boy who becomes flat and gets to travel around the world. I have done different types of projects with the book before. Last year we sent our own flat stanely and letters to a second grade classroom in California. I would LOVE to create a Flat Stanely blog with another second grade class. We could take pictures of him around our school and describe our day. The could be uploaded to the blog and the other class could comment right away. http://www.flatstanley.com/ also offers so many ideas of how to make Flat Stanley digital!

2 comments:

  1. I've been intrigued by the Flat Stanley project for awhile, but don't know any teachers who've participated in it. If you get started, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Flat Stanley. I think your idea of incorporating a blog into the project is great. It would allow for instant communication.

    ReplyDelete