Friday, February 22, 2013

Week Three- Schools on Pinterest?

Hello friends!
The WebTyco discussion this week about schools and social networking reminded me that someone in my school recently set up a pinterest account for our school. I currently use my own pinterest account to pin ideas for my classroom. I have been debating whether or not to use the school's account instead. I enjoy using my own account because it allows me to connect with my friends outside of work. It also allows me to pin things that aren't school related. However, I like the idea of a shared account because sometimes I find ideas that are above or below my grade level. The school account is a great place to share these ideas for other teachers in my school to see. I can see the pros and the cons. Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to share your Pinterest account with us? I'm wondering whether (another semester) I should use Pinterest instead of Diigo for sharing resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to find the link to my school's Pinterest link. Pinterest seems to be based more on pictures than links. Many time the links can be dead.

      Delete
  2. Although I myself do not use Pinterest (it is just a matter of me sitting down and creating an account) I think having a school Pinterest is a good idea. There are so many good ideas on Pinterest that my co-workers and I are always talking about and some that do not get passed around becuase I do not get to talk to everyone. If schools had their own Pinrerest the everyone could see all of the good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see it being a good idea if I taught on a larger team. There are only three of us so if I want to share something I usually just walk next door.

      Delete
    2. But if you put it on pinteret and tour colleagues added to it, you would have a growing resource,

      Delete
  3. I use Pinterest all the time also! There are so many ideas on there that can either be used right how they are or adapted to fit your classroom. I think that is awesome that your school has an account, I just use my personal one. I don't know if I would end up using my schools account if they had one just because like you said I like connecting with my friends on it.

    ReplyDelete